Take a look at these 5 facts about Organic Gardening!
- There are NO pesticides, growth hormones, fertilizers, or toxic artificial additives like flavoring, coloring or preservatives used in organic gardening.
- Organic gardening can save you up to Thousands per year depending on the amount of fruits and vegetables grown.
- Tomatoes 158 lbs.
- Potatoes 142 lbs.
- Salad Greens 26 lbs.
- Zucchini 72 lbs.
- Strawberries 35 lbs.
- Onions 54 lbs.
- You will consume 100 percent of the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables when grown organically. Nutritional value is lost when pesticides are sprayed onto foods.
- Eating organic food from the garden will decrease your rick of diseases such as:
- Adult and child cancers
- Autoimmune disorders
- Asthma and allergies
- Organic gardeners use certified organic seeds, most of which are heirloom cultivars. These heirloom seeds promote biodiversity in our food supply.